Today at the first inaugural WordCamp Maine, I presented a talk with the title “Empathy: The Secret Ingredient in WordPress Development, Work, and Success.” Below, my slides, along with notes and additional info.
I’d love to hear your feedback or ideas — please leave them in the comments or on Twitter!
- Slide 3: WordCamp Maine’s Tweet / Careers with 10up
- Slide 4: Planes, Trains & Automobiles on IMDb
- Slide 11: BreastCancer.org redesign and results
- Slide 12: AdaptivePath/U Cal Berkeley study
- Slide 12: Harvard Business School study
- Bonus Study: “The Business Value of User Experience”, Leo Frishberg, Intel
- Slide 17: Agile Team Members – Roles and Responsibilities and Building a Better User Experience by Designing in the Browser
- Slide 21: PushUp Notifications
- Slide 22: PushUp Notification presentation
- Bonus talk on plugin development: Jake Goldman, “What Would Core Do?”
- Slide 23: Nacin’s Tweet
- Slide 24: Hipmunk’s “Agony” search (and other visitor-focused attributes)
- Slide 28: Paul Clark‘s talk, “How WordPress Saves Lives and Moves Governments”