NYT, Wall Street Journal, Publisher’s Weekly Best-Seller
Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man is the scathing New York Times bestseller that exposes Michael Moore’s manipulations of the truth, his always-present ulterior motives, and the grandest hypocrisy of all – that of his public persona.
Watching Michael Moore in action – manipulating facts in Bowling for Columbine, spinning statistics in Stupid White Men and Dude, Where’s My Country?, shamelessly grandstanding at the Academy Awards, and epitomizing the hypocrisy he’s made a king’s fortune railing against – spurred authors David T. Hardy and Jason Clarke to ask themselves, ‘Dude, where’s your integrity?’
In Michael Moore Is a Big Fat Stupid White Man, the creators of Moorelies.com and Mooreexposed.com turn a careful eye on Moore’s use of camera tricks, spliced speeches, and publicity plays to present his own truth. ‘Post-war filmmakers gave us the documentary, Rob Reiner gave us the mockumentary,’ they write, ‘and Moore initiated a third genre, the crockumentary.’ How, they ask, does Moore pull off a proletarian, ‘man-of-the-people’ image so at odds with his lifestyle as a fabulously wealthy Manhattanite? And what larger impact do his incendiary, ill-founded messages have on the community that follows him with devotion?
Loaded with well-researched, solidly reasoned arguments and laced with irreverent wit, Michael Moore Is a Big Fat Stupid White Man fires back at one of the left’s biggest targets.
“A great read“ – Stanford Review
– Minnesota Star-Tribune columnist James Lileks
- New York Times bestseller (non-fiction), six weeks July-August 2004
- Wall Street Journal bestseller, July 2004
- Publisher’s Weekly bestseller, July 2004
- Conservative Book Club selection, July 2004
- Referenced in FahrenHYPE 9/11, a documentary examining Moore’s career
- Major media mentions on CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, USA Today, New York Times, hundreds of radio stations, newspapers and websites