Hi, I’m Jason Clarke. I’m a writer and family guy interested in technology, movies, and travel. This is my personal website, where I’ve been writing since 2003.
By day, I’m Associate Director, New Client Strategy with 10up, a global digital agency, where I help current and potential clients plan and build world-class websites. Previously, I’ve been a front-end developer, agency leader, consultant in the early days of blogs, author of a best-selling book, and groundskeeper with a college facilities department.
- Here’s a list of all the comedians I’ve seen live in person going back to 2002ish
- According to Harvard University, I’m a member of Generation X. I recommend Generation X, the book that gave my generation our name.
- In 2004, I appeared on The O’Reilly Factor, an infamous cable news news show
If you’re not familiar with Gallup’s CliftonStrengths StrengthsFinder self-assessment, I recommend you take it. My StrengthsFinder themes are:
- Input: I enjoy collecting and learning information to help me gain a wider perspective and make better decisions.
- Restorative: I focus on identifying what is specifically wrong with a given situation and how I can help solve it.
- Connectedness: I empathize with people’s unique situations and believe that many of us share common challenges and goals.
- Strategic: I like to continue to think about how to solve problems, even when the answer isn’t obvious.
- Individualization: I focus on people’s individual attributes and how they can work together to achieve goals.
Find Me Online
You can find me many places online (see the list below) or contact me at email@example.com.
- @jgclarke on Instagram (Photos of food and life)
- @jgclarke on GitHub (open source code contributions)
- @jgclarke on Letterboxd (movie diary)
- @jgclarke on Goodreads (books / reading diary)
- @jgclarke on Yelp (eating / dining out diary)
- @jgclarke on LinkedIn
If I ever write about something with which I have a business relationship, I’ll note that in the post itself, either inline or at the beginning or end.