I’m a writer and family guy interested in history, nature, and movies, among other things. This is my personal website, where I’ve been writing since 2003.
By day, I’m Director of Account Strategy with 10up, a global digital agency, where I help our clients plan and build world-class experiences for the web and mobile devices.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with family, reading, watching movies, tinkering with technology, and being outside. Previously, I’ve been a front-end developer, agency leader, consultant in the early days of blogs, author of a best-selling book, and groundskeeper with a college facilities department.
- Here’s a list of all the comedians I’ve seen live in person going back to 2002-ish
- According to Harvard University, I’m a member of Generation X. I recommend Generation X, the book that gave my generation its name.
- In 2004, I appeared on The O’Reilly Factor, an infamous cable news news show
- Here’s a running list of some of my favorite quotes with links to their speakers.
If you’re not familiar with Gallup’s CliftonStrengths StrengthsFinder self-assessment, I recommend you take it. My StrengthsFinder themes are:
- Input: I enjoy collecting and learning information to help me gain a wider perspective and make better decisions.
- Restorative: I focus on identifying what is specifically wrong with a given situation and how I can help solve it.
- Connectedness: I empathize with people’s unique situations and believe that many of us share common challenges and goals.
- Strategic: I like to continue to think about how to solve problems, even when the answer isn’t obvious.
- Individualization: I focus on people’s individual attributes and how they can work together to achieve goals.
Here’s a painting of The USS Constitution, a symbol that represents ingenuity and fortitude to me. To learn about the fascinating story about the founding of the US Navy, I recommend Dawn Like Thunder
Find Me Online
You can find me many places online (see the list below) or contact me at email@example.com.
- Photo diary: @jgclarke on Instagram
- Movie diary: @jgclarke on Letterboxd
- Books / Reading diary: @jgclarke on Goodreads
- Dining diary / Restaurant reviews: @jgclarke on Yelp
- Professional profile: @jgclarke on LinkedIn
- Public code contributions: @jgclarke on GitHub
If I ever write about something with which I have a business relationship, I’ll note that in the post itself, either inline or at the beginning or end.