I’m a family guy and writer. This is my personal website, where I’ve been writing since 2003.
I enjoy spending time with family, being in nature, reading history and more, watching movies, traveling, and tinkering with technology.
During the work day, I’m Director of Account Strategy with 10up, a global digital agency, where I help our clients plan and build world-class experiences for the web and mobile devices. Previously, I’ve been a front-end developer, agency leader, consultant in the early days of blogs, author of a best-selling book, and groundskeeper with a college facilities department.
Find Me Online
You can find me many places online (see the list below) or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photo diary: @jgclarke on Instagram
- Movie diary: @jgclarke on Letterboxd
- Books / Reading diary: @jgclarke on Goodreads
- Dining diary / Restaurant reviews: @jgclarke on Yelp
- Log of my hiking adventures: My AllTrails profile
- Professional profile: @jgclarke on LinkedIn
- Public code contributions: @jgclarke on GitHub
- Here’s a list of all the comedians I’ve seen live in person going back to 2002-ish
- According to Harvard University, I’m a member of Generation X. I recommend Generation X, the book that gave my generation its name.
- In 2004, I appeared on The O’Reilly Factor, an infamous cable news news show
- Here’s a running list of some of my favorite quotes with links to their speakers.
My Corporate Personality Evaluations
If you’re not familiar with Gallup’s CliftonStrengths StrengthsFinder self-assessment, I recommend you take it. My StrengthsFinder themes are:
- Input: I enjoy collecting and learning information to help me gain a wider perspective and make better decisions.
- Restorative: I focus on identifying what is specifically wrong with a given situation and how I can help solve it.
- Connectedness: I empathize with people’s unique situations and believe that many of us share common challenges and goals.
- Strategic: I like to continue to think about how to solve problems, even when the answer isn’t obvious.
- Individualization: I focus on people’s individual attributes and how they can work together to achieve goals.
Here’s a painting of The USS Constitution, a symbol that represents ingenuity and fortitude to me. To learn about the fascinating story about the founding of the US Navy, I recommend Dawn Like Thunder
If I ever write about something with which I have a business relationship, I’ll note that in the post itself, either inline or at the beginning or end.