* A quote that appeared on my Google homepage quotes widget:
“No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.”
* Former Red Sox closer Keith Foulke is retiring from baseball at age 34. Foulke said some dumb things during his tenure in Boston, but also earned 34 saves in 2004 as well as the final out in the World Series. Thanks, Keith!
* Following in Scoble‘s footsteps, I’m now sharing recommended items that I find in my Google Reader stream. My shared items are here, and the feed is here.
* Speaking of RSS, I’m now offering a meta feed of all my feeds– my blog, podcast, links, videos, and shared Google Reader items, all in one big stream. In addition, I’ve got an OPML file of all my RSS feeds if you like it that way.
* It looks like 2007 will really be the year for OpenID, a public, de-centralized indentity system for the web. The format has earned adoption from a number of big players in recent weeks, including Microsoft, AOL, and popular social news site Digg.